Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, January 16, 2020

January 16, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. Guarantees

Yesterday, Karen and I went to the VA to have my shoulder re-evaluated by the Orthopedic Doctor. While my strength and flexibility are okay, they can be improved by moderate stretching, limited activity, heat/ice, avoiding falls, continued therapy and surgery which the surgeon is willing to perform if I am willing to have it done. In the whole scenario the main thing to realize is that there are no guarantees and I have to keep my chin up and my shoulders back.
In Law School, one of our first Contracts' case studies involved a doctor who promised a "one hundred percent good hand" and delivered a hairy hand because of a botched skin graft. The point: medicine cannot guarantee a specific result and there are always risks, pain and suffering, and the chance for an unexpected outcome. The point for my case: accept what is, follow the doctor/therapist advice, and if the situation becomes more of a hinderance than I can stand, trust the surgeon. Don't be discouraged.
But my primary attitude must be that God has a reason for what I am experiencing, just as there was a reason for the heart attack I suffered in 2008. It took a while to realize that there was a good reason for what happened then, and what has transpired in our life the past 11 years. All has been for our good and His glory. The current situation is no different, if I will just get my "head on straight". There are no guarantees in medicine or in life......except for those God sets forth in His Word. And it is in His Word and His promises that we are to trust and believe and find our peace. Thank You, Lord for the hope we have in You.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Grit teeth - carry on - Susan and I are praying for your full recovery

    ReplyDelete