Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, June 7, 2018

June 7, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Teaching An Old Dog New Tricks

When I completed my "formal" education in 1972, I never had the desire to continue with classroom learning or pursue any more degrees or letters after my name. I was already a BA, JD, and Esq. That was more than enough, and while I took various courses in the pursuit of higher positions at my places of employment, I was content to not burden my already burdened mind with more technical, mechanical or specialized knowledge. As a result I didn't advance up the skill ladder or the management ladder very far and did not have what might be called a successful work career.
I have done a lot of things in my 72 years, and on the surface it appears impressive, but I'm finding that when we have the right attitude about what we can do and what we think we can do.......we can do a lot of things we never thought we could do. Does that make sense? What I'm saying, is that knowledge is more than degrees or book learning, it is being willing to step out of our comfort zone, find something which challenges us, and step out in confidence that I CAN DO IT. We may need a mentor to follow. We may need to read a how-to book or watch a You Tube video. We may just have to trial-and-error our way through the problem. But the result is often.....you can teach an old dog new tricks.......and it is actually......fun.
I can't believe how much I am learning every day, and how many things which once intimidated me are not really rocket science after all. As someone who never thought of myself as a "teacher", I find that I have become one. And when I am asked a question I can't answer, I now search out the answer and realize that there is so much more to learn and pass on to others. My Scripture reading has uncovered so many things I missed in my 20 prior journeys through the Bible and it is exciting to know that it truly is God's "Living" Word.
New tricks......I Love It. Try it yourself. You might be surprised at the results.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment