Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, June 25, 2018

June 25, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Sleep Deprived

I have always been able to function with less than the "normal" 8 hours of sleep. I'm not saying that I have been able to function well with less than 8 hours of sleep, but I have never been a late into the morning sleeper, and I have very rarely been a napper. For the past six plus years, I have been using a CPAP machine to help me get more air into my system during sleep and have not missed a single night using the machine.
I do average between six and seven hours of sleep per day, but do fall asleep in my chair while I am sewing, watching TV, or blogging, and there are days when I am definitely tired and drag through the day. One of my doctors at the VA said many of my health issues are related to being sleep deprived, but he has advised that I get my sleep in one "dose" at night and avoid napping during the day. Many of the people my age are firm believers in an afternoon nap to make up for sleep lost overnight. Since I have been fighting a "summer cold" the past few weeks, and am still getting up about 5:30 each morning, I have been really dragged out and with the four day performance schedule, I have really been pooped out from the long hours awake.
Yesterday I got up early, did my early morning reading and went back to sleep. I got up at 11:15 and felt pretty rested. Today I was up early again, did my normal tasks until noon, and took a nap from noon to 3pm. I feel pretty good and even though my schedule only gives me "nap" opportunities on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday until the end of July, I think I will see if I can use the nap times to get my strength back. Wednesday I will have my Iron checked at the VA to see if my tired blood isn't as tired as it was in mid-April.
Maybe, the naps helped. I stayed awake the whole blog time today.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment