Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, April 27, 2018

April 27, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. I'm Sorry

Turn on the news and it's likely there will be at least one story about a person accusing someone of hurting them, abusing them, committing an offense against them, harassing them or doing something improper. Many of these allegations involve people in positions of leadership, power or prominence. Look at Bill Cosby, Tom Brokaw, President Trump, Harvey Weinstein, Dustin Hoffman, the 22 female senators, Pam Dawber, the U.S. Olympic gymnastics team, the U.S. Forest Service, Harvard University, Bill Hybels, the Catholic Church and so, so many more
Think back to your own life, as I have thought back about mine, and I"m sure there are more than a few instances where we were the instigator of an inappropriate comment or action and maybe even been the object of someone else's inappropriate comment or action. Some of these incidents may have happened recently, but many happened 20, 30, 40, 50 or more years ago and if they did happen, we may not even remember the incident or who was the other party to it. In some cases the incident caused permanent damage or lasting consequences, but many have long since been forgotten.
And yet, we are seeing many, many people being accused of wrongdoing when the only real response to it should be "get over it". What good is dredging up this past incident really going to accomplish but unduly hurt someone now and destroy what has been a good, positive and productive life. I know, I have been far from perfect in my 72 years of life, and I am far from perfect in my daily life now. My response is.......I'm sorry for what I did that was wrong, what may have offended or hurt someone, caused you to cry or have emotional distress. I can't undo the wrong, but I can apologize and hope to not hurt someone again with similar words or actions.
I think of the only person in all of history who led a perfect, sinless, spotless life and what happened to Him after living for only 33 years. The allegations against Him caused Him to be cruelly put to death, and for the past 2000 plus years there have been, and still are, those who defame Him, accuse Him of being a fraud or lunatic or any number of other offenses. And yet, He has helped many to turn their lives around and be upstanding, productive and loving members of society. Yes Jesus, I'm sorry for the hurts of this world, but Thank You, Lord for forgiving me for the things I'm sorry for in my life.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment