Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

April 24, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Propagating Moss

Sounds like a ominous task, but it really isn't. I have been spreading grass seed in various places on the Passion Play set over the past month and with the moisture we have had and some extra watering, the grass has filled in those areas, and looks pretty good. But one area, the Garden of Gethsemane is pretty sparse and I didn't rough up the ground and spread seed until last Friday. Although it will probably grow, I wanted to see if I could get some moss to grow in that area in addition to the potential grass. Thus the propagation technique.
Needed: Already growing moss, water, buttermilk, a food blender, soggy ground. This afternoon I set about the task, and here are the results. I was able to get three gallons of buttermilk (on sale) at our local market, the moss I harvested from an area near our amphitheater where moss grows pretty plentifully, the Christian thrift store donated the blender and I was able to run a hose and saturate the Garden ground from early morning. I mixed the ingredients in the blender, made about 5 gallons of slurry and poured it over the grass seed, manure and straw on the saturated ground and now with rain expected tomorrow.......God.........if it be His will................will propagate the moss and sprout the grass seed. When it works out, I'll post a picture of the Garden in a few weeks. Thank You, Lord, for the recipe, the needed materials and giving us a heart to willingly serve You and see You at work through our efforts.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment