Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, December 22, 2016

December 22, 2016. Madison, GA. Be Prepared

The motto of the Boy Scouts is "Be Prepared", and as a member of the Scouts, and eventually an Eagle Scout, I tried to adhere to that philosophy. And, well beyond my days in Scouting, I continued to adhere to that creed in my education, physical conditioning, employment opportunities and, now, my spiritual walk, as well as life in general. We never know what tomorrow will bring, but we still need to plan for the future and be ready to adapt or adjust, as necessary.
Today was the last "official" work day for the year at SLMI and while there are still tasks to be done and areas we can continue to support the ministry, there will be a lot more free time. As I look ahead to our planned return to Arkansas and TGPP, I need to make a willful effort to be in better physical shape in 2017 than I was in 2016, so my wogging (walk/jog) program will be reinstated staring in the morning. Whether I was in high school, college, military or triathlon/ultracycling "mode", there was always a requirement to get prepared for the athletic task(s) I envisioned for the future. The Passion Play demands a physical preparation for "running the hills" and it's as good a time as any to start getting into shape. As we practice, so we perform. Good lesson for everything in which we participate.
Fortunately, our time off until January 2 looks like springlike weather, so that is encouraging for my proposed efforts. We can't always expect the conditions to be ideal, but when we start with a good motive, stay the course regardless of the obstacles, and look to the rewards our persistence will deliver, we have a healthy and optimistic outlook to sustain us. God willing, 2017 will continue our journey in a positive and upward direction. Thank You, Lord for Your grace, faithfulness, patience and always being prepared for what we bring to You as we serve, worship and glorify You.


Sent from my iPad

1 comment: