Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December 13, 2016. Madison, GA. Keep The Faith

My last two blogs have been a little more somber (deep) than usual and it has been a time of reflection for me about the state of our country, our world and our own "call" to ministry and the roles we play where we are called. The past three days have not made my reflection any easier because there have been a lot of distractions, detours and things which have "gone wrong". We are determined to Keep The Faith.
The church we attend here in Georgia has been struggling for a while with differing views on its future direction, staffing and financial concerns, and the past two weekends have brought out some harsh comments. We pray that the emotions will mellow and the fellowship will Keep The Faith. Karen and I went to another church Sunday evening and were part of a Live Nativity. it was fun and the 175 people who drove through the outdoor setting represented the largest number of attendees in the whole 20+ year history of the event. But, Karen came away with a sore throat and a major case of the "sick". Keep The Faith and pass the medication.
Yesterday our refrigerator's cooling unit sprang an ammonia leak and will need a repair which our extended service contract will partially cover. We saved all the contents, and the repair should be accomplished Thursday. Thankful for Juvi's availability to fix it so quickly and the resources to see it through. Keep The Faith, God is on top of it. Today, I realized that the email on my smartphone, tablet and IPad had stopped functioning, but a trip to the nearby Verizon store was able to resolve the problem and get me back "on line" and connected to the many billions who send me stuff. Keep The Faith, even if my IPad is a dinosaur and unable to keep up with the modern world, It still should be able to handle our "secure" financial issues on the road. If not, I'm confident we'll be guided to a new solution.
I'm not sure if this blog is less somber, more somber or just as somber as the past two, but regardless, I'm determined to press on, endure whatever comes our way.......and.....Keep The Faith.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment