Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, September 7, 2019

September 7, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Endurance Ministry

There was a time when I looked at people with Type-A personalities and marveled at how much they could do in a short period of time and how good they were at what they did. It never dawned on me that I might be a Type-A, as well. as far as how much I could do, not necessarily how well I was doing it.
Whether it was education, music. sports, drama, church ministry or just being able to go for hours and hours on end, I guess God blessed me with endurance, strength, stamina, persistence, the ability to withstand pain and monotony, boredom and repetitive action. And, this was even before I realized it was His strength, not mine which was the power which drove me. Our ministry activity the past twenty years, both mine and Karen's have to be considered "endurance ministry". We have said yes to a lot of requests.
Long days, working when physically and emotionally exhausted, doing what others didn't want to, or couldn't, do has been standard operation procedure for both of us. It's not meant to sound boastful or braggadocio, it's what others say about us. We're not spring chickens any longer, and it may be time for us to step back a little, assess our list of activities and realize that rest, renewal, training our replacements and saying "no" more often may be in the cards for the immediate future.
We'll see what happens. God may have other plans for us and then, I guess it may be.......Yes, Lord. We'll see.......Stay tuned .

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment