Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Uncle Ant

I've been blogging for over five years. The subject matter has run the gamut from downright serious to downright silly. I've enjoyed sitting down every third day, or so, and letting words just flow from "pen to paper". A couple of days ago, as I was enjoying the petting zoo animals and later chasing down carpenter ants in the motor home, the thought crossed my mind about what animals feel when they interact with us and with each other.
I know this is not one of the most earth shattering topics to think about or write about, but I was trying to determine what animals or even critters think when good things happen to them or they suffer the loss of a "family" member. I see a ewe doting on her newborn lamb, a new born donkey following her mother and "breast feeding" for its nutrition. I watch our camels cavorting in their pen, trying to rid themselves of flies and other nuisances and I think of those pesky carpenter ants attracted to a speck of food on a plate in our kitchen sink and scattering in different directions when I do my best to swat them into submission. What are their thoughts? Do they feel pain or have emotions and are there family members who wait for them to come home and grieve for them when they don't?
Our household pets seem to respond with almost human emotions, but what about those critters which we consider pests and worthy of annihilation? Does the ant community miss Uncle Ant or is Father Fly mourned by the fly family when I prevent them from returning to where they came from? Is this something I should pursue with scientific-type research or do I just have too much free time on my hands?
Obviously, we have enough workers in the Holy Land, not very many guests needing attention on the Passion Play grounds and no one calling me on the radio or cell phone. But, I do need to get out of my comfortable recliner, put a wrap of this post or risk sleeping through the call time for the evening performance.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment