Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Making the Best of a Not-So-Good Situation

Sometimes life doesn't hand us a fair reward for our efforts. Sometimes our best efforts get us raked over the coals, thrown under the bus or harshly criticized. Sometimes we have to sit the bench when we are capable of all-star status. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
But, just as often there are those times when we mess up big time and still win the race. How often do we reap the rewards for work someone else has done? And, aren't there times when we know we have been blessed when we really deserve to be condemned? Sometimes we reap where we have not sown and deprive someone else of their just reward.
Today was a gorgeous weather day after a rainy morning and little chance to do much other than clean up piles of disorganized stuff all over the motor home. This afternoon, I wasn't in the mood for leading a Holy Land Tour, but I had a good time, anyway, with super nice people, then came home to a quiet dinner and a chance to enjoy my favorite diversion, Blue Bloods, while sewing some "crosses" to replace the ones I gave to my tour group. And then I turned off the Blue Blood marathon of episodes which is shown on ION television every Wednesday, and started this blog post. I'll return to Blue Bloods in a while.
The past few days have had me experience all of the above situations, experience almost perfect weather and have a peace and calm which belies the reality that the past few days have not been all that good, but they have turned out to be great. It doesn't make sense, but it tells me that God has all of this figured out. He has my life in His hands and I am blessed. He has Karen's life in His hands, too, and He is guiding her through the challenges she is facing, and she is blessed.
And for all this, I am grateful........THANK YOU, LORD.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment