Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. James, the Elder

Last night in the Passion Play, I was cast in a role I had never played before. I was James, brother of John, one of the sons of Zebedee, a Son of Thunder. We don't always consider the age of the person in each role, so it was certainly interesting for me at age 73 to have a younger brother who was 16. Bryce could easily be Karen and my great grandson and yet there I was as an old, older brother to him..
One of the great things about being in the cast of TGPP is being given different roles, having to play a wide variety of characters and, in many cases, learn the role as we are doing it for the first time. Most of us know the lines for each part and the basic blocking of where we are supposed to be in each scene, but each role has a specific place to be at every specific time and while the audience may not realize we are not where we are supposed to be, the cast does know and is very helpful in guiding us to the right place at the right time. At times I it can be dangerous to be in the wrong place as the wrong time and since we have to often move from place to place in the dark, "bloopers" do occur. I was grateful for my younger brother, John and his assistance in my rookie performance as his older brother, James. I hope next time to do a better job of climbing the ladder, dropping the cloth strips over the arms of the Cross and behind the arms of The Christ Figure, prying his hands from the nails, getting down the ladder and to the tomb in the prescribed time.
It was a good experience. Thank you to all my "trainers" ..........and Thank You, Lord.




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment