Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. The Show Must Go On

Sometimes we have to "play hurt". We are told to "suck it up", "shake it off", don't be a quitter, let me kiss it and make it better, it'll only hurt for a while, it hurts me more than it hurts you, "grin and bear it", smile through the pain, it's only a flesh wound, get your second wind, win one for the Gipper , keep a stiff upper lip, this too shall pass. In other words.........run the race, finish strong and get up tomorrow and do it again. The show must go on.
People have different attitudes toward the tasks they undertake, the jobs they do and the way they want others to perceive them. I have always striven to finish what I start, to not leave a task in any condition but done, and done to the best of my ability. I remember one bicycle race in which I had a terrible crash within sprinting distance of the finish line, and as everyone passed me as I lay in a heap on the ground, I was determined to get up and cross the finish line, but my injuries prevented me from doing so. I was unable to muster up the strength and ability to overcome the pain or even stand on my feet. The race was over for that day.
But from that experience and eventual physical recovery, I did finish other races, completed tasks and came to a better understanding of what Scripture tells us about striving to reach goals, do our best, seek excellence, please God, become more Christlike and run the race with perseverance fixing our eyes on Jesus and His will for our life and not the temporal, worldly, material, fleeting rewards of life. Yes.....the show must go on......as God wills it......in His timing.....and for His Glory. Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment