Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014. Still in Eureka Springs, AR. God Is Still On His Throne

I just took a few seconds to calculate that I have lived more than 2.1 billion seconds. I never thought I would be a Billionaire, but I am, and it is amazing to think that as our world population increases to over 7.2 billion how many seconds that population has to use each second that passes. It's hard to imagine how vast the world we live in is and how it all holds together in some degree of order and regularity. Do you doubt that there is someone who has a handle on what has taken place from The Beginning, is in control of what is happening Now, and who has the future set out for each of us? Is there any question that that someone is God?
As time passes, as we move into November of 2014, as our personal plans seem to be less certain and our days become more flexible and spontaneous, it is becoming more clear to me that we are trying to rush into tomorrow without really living today. I just read an article about "hurry sickness" and how we are trying to do too much, keep up with technological change and failing to find time to relax and rest, and are making ourself physically and emotionally sick in the process. While the article was not written by a Christian, it is obvious that many are rushing through their spiritual life without finding the internal peace which faith in Jesus offers us if we just realize and accept that God is in control, He is still on His Throne and we can avoid a lot of grief and anxiety by resting in Him and allowing Him to set the pace and direction of our day and our life.
I have been fighting a cold, cough and a general feeling of the blahs the past few weeks. I have not been the most pleasant person to be around, and while I can't retrieve the seconds I lost, I can resolve to start afresh, to enjoy the sun which just rose above the trees in front of us, and rest in the reality that time is moving on, the world situation is out of my control and above all........be still......and know........God is Still On His Throne.........all is well.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment