Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 27, 2014. Madison, GA. Thanks

Every morning I start my day with quiet time, devotional readings, Scripture and writing my thoughts and prayers in a journal. I've started every day in this routine since I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on June 27, 1999, with the journaling beginning in 2003. I am in my ninth notebook journal and while I do not have all the journals with us in the motor home, the entry for each day for the two I have with us, going back to July 21, 2013, with the exception of two entries, begins with the words "Thank You, Lord......" The two exceptions begin, "Lord, Thank You" and "Thank You....." My first written words each day for at least the past 16 months and, I would hope well before that, have been words of thanks.
And, why should I not begin every day being thankful for the life I have In Christ? How could I not be grateful for all that Jesus did for us and all He has blessed us with? While today is the official Thanksgiving Day as mandated by our government, it is interesting to note that most of proclamations establishing or solemnizing this holiday make reference to God or to some other title for our Heavenly Father. And yet, like many practices and traditions in our current culture, God has been taken out of the picture and in more and more ways, there are some who would have God removed from every element of our daily life.
But, it is vital that we as Christians, in our words and our deeds, do everything we can to reverse this trend and make God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit not only a part of our life of thanks, but THE foundation of our life of thanks. And in that vein, I boldly and emphatically say today and every day, THANK YOU, LORD.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment