Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21, 2014. Madison, GA. Popcorn's Revenge

Last Saturday while eating a piece of Mike and Ike candy, my First Upper Left molar (tooth number 14) decided it was time to crack and break. Fortunately there was no pain involved and after a few inquiries here at Source of Light we were referred to a dentist in Madison. As I sat in the "chair" Monday afternoon, I was asked two questions about my eating habits: do I chew ice and do I eat popcorn? Yes and yes. The Great Passion Play lives and breathes popcorn. The whole six months we were there was saturated with popcorn during the day and before every evening performance. I'm convinced that a few "old maids" impacted that tooth and led eventually to its demise and the present hefty repair bill. In Christianity we talk a lot about crowns, but we're not referring to the expensive ones which go into our mouth.
Things break. People with talent to fix broken things are a blessing to those of us with broken things, and where things can't be fixed there are people who will sell us new things. All of this comes at a price and in my case it will be more care in what I eat and how I eat it. Many of my favorite foods are hard and while I enjoy ice cream and milk shakes, I'm not going to forsake some of the hard foods I like and go on a full liquid diet. Right now I'm sucking on an ice cube, not chewing it, and in a while we will be eating steaks to celebrate Hugh and LaVon's 27th, or is it 28th, anniversary. No popcorn now, but when we go back to Eureka Springs and TGPP next year, there will be a decision I'll have to make about if, and how much of it I partake. As for Mike and Ike, I think I've eaten my last one. The rest of the box went into the trash.
There's an old expression about "no such thing as a free lunch", there is always a price to pay. Right now I understand that expression full well, but thankful that all is well and that God provided the person to fix the problem and provides the resources to pay for it. "Crown Him with many crowns.......and hail Him as thy matchless King through all eternity......,". Thank You. Lord.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment