Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, March 1, 2020

March 1, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. A Message From The Past

I missed church this morning. I had the sniffles and the sneezes and decided it was best to not share what I have with others. Even though the Sunday School topic was Moses, a topic dear to my heart, I stayed home and listened to some sermons on the Christian radio station. One of the messages was by J. Vernon McGee from the 1960's, entitled "What is Worldliness?". Dr. McGee died in 1988, but his "Thru The Bible" teachings and other sermons are still broadcast all these years later.....and are still relevant to us.
There is a difference of opinion on the messages of Dr. McGee, as there are with every person who presents their view of The Bible, but they are worth listening to and testing against Scripture itself. We do not all agree on anything and that is part of the message of the sermon I just heard. While the message was first delivered nearly 50 years ago, it is appropriate for a 2020 audience, particularly a 2020 Church audience.
The message of Scripture is far older than 50 years and The Word of God is as alive now and important to us as it was when Moses first put pencil to paper, ink to parchment, finger of God on stone, or however he first began relating what became the Torah, Pentateuch, First Five Books of Moses, Chameesha Choomshey.
Thank you, Dr. McGee for today's message. Next week the topic at our Sunday School will be The Tabernacle. I have already been told I MUST be there, since The Tabernacle is another topic dear to my heart, and a major focus of my study and teaching in The Holy Land here at The Great Passion Play. God willing, I will be sniffleless and sneezeless next Sunday.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Vitamin C helps. Wish I could be there to hear you talk about the Tabernacle. Take care. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete