Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, February 25, 2019

February 25, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. The Truth

When I started law school, I really thought I wanted to be a lawyer, although I wasn't sure what type of law I wanted to practice. I realized pretty quickly that part of practicing law, representing clients or advocating for one party in a dispute, is the ability to get at the "truth", to determine what the real facts are and being able to convincing a judge, a jury, an arbitrator or a referee that your truth is The Truth and the opposing party is laboring under a false truth. Of course the other lawyer is trying to convince the judge, jury, arbitrator or referee that his truth is The Truth and that his opponent (me) is laboring under a false truth.
Needless to say, I came to the conclusion after completing law school and passing the Virginia Bar Exam that I didn't really want to be an attorney and seek after the truth when the truth was such an elusive commodity to capture. Unfortunately, there is no profession where there is a truth that everyone can glommer onto and we spend most of our lives listening to so many conflicting truths that we never really know what the real story is. A few examples will prove my point: politics...religion...advertising... movie critics...Trip Advisor reviews,
One thing I do know for sure.......and this is The Truth.........this post in done.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment