Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 19, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. I Don't Know....But I'll Find Out

As a student at GW Law School, I was asked a question by one of my professors. It had to do with a case involving horses, and not being a horse expert, I prefaced my answer, with the words, "I'm not an expert on horses" and that was as far as I got, when the professor said, "don't ever admit that you're not an expert". So I started my answer again. "Being an expert on horses" and while the class laughed, the professor didn't. Of course, he told me never to claim to be something I'm not, but always tell people that you may not know the precise answer to their question, but you will find out and get back to them with the answer.
That has been a lesson I took to heart along with the advice to always be on time for any appointment, and on time means at least ten minutes early. Both these lessons have been a key part of my nature. Part of my responsibilities here at TGPP has been as a presenter in our Holy Land. I lead tours, teach an Old Testament session each performance day in the full-sized replica of Moses' Tabernacle in the Wilderness and am asked a lot of questions about my upbringing in a Jewish home. I read and study the Scriptures, do an in-depth study each year of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy (doing that right now) and do extensive internet searches on these books of the Bible and try to anticipate what questions I might be asked and when I don't know......I try to find an answer.
In many cases there is not always an answer, there may be multiple possible answers or there may be an answer right in the text we are reading, in a footnote or reference to another verse. I'm far from being an expert, but it's exciting to learn something which is part of our past and may lead us to learn more about our future. Thank You, Lord........for Your Story.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment