Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. There Was A Time..........

The past few days have been something else. As reported in my latest blog posts, we have faced some bumps in the road. Not only have we had motor home issues, but car issues, Karen had a crown fall off a tooth for the second time in three months and some of our friends and family are telling us about things which are "challenging" them. It has not been the most positive way to start the new year, but there has been something different in the way we have handled these matters.
There was a time when I would look at problems with a woe is me attitude, or see it as a time to raise my voice, sulk, blame anyone but myself and worry, lose sleep or look at the money going out as an attack on my hard work in earning it. We've had our share of "bad" things, but not as bad as others we know. We've had health issues, but nothing like others we know. We've had some financial setbacks, but nothing like others we know. And in all we've been through we truly believe we have been watched over, protected, provided for, and abundantly blessed. And the response we have when "things happen" has changed to one of thankfulness that we can give it to God, trust Him for the answer, and know that He will sustain us until the matter is resolved.
There was a time when I would have looked at such a response as a cop out, a way to avoid the problem or a failure to face reality or rationalize my inability to "fix it". But, I've come to understand that I can't solve every problem and the ones I did solve were not really solved by anything I did, but by someone who did it for me. Whether it was a friend, family member, co-worker, repairman, Google search, how-to book or any number of other "angels", it was really the work of God, being God and doing what God does for us.....it was Him......He fixed it and took the burden off of me.
Our present problems are still to be resolved, but they will be........in God's way and in His timing. There was a time when I would never have said Thank You, Lord. But, for those who have been following our journey, you know what I'm about to say..........THANK YOU, LORD.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment