Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, September 6, 2018

September 6, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Whatever It Takes

I was about to carry our just-finished laundry into the motor home when a couple drove up and asked if I was a Pastor. My response was "no, just a minister". They asked if I could officiate the renewal of their wedding vows and I said I couldn't but I would find someone who could. Jim and Linda had been searching all over Eureka Springs for a Pastor so they could renew their vows after 19 years of marriage and were not having any success. They had been here for the Passion Play last year and had fond memories of their visit and were in the area again.
I called Kent, one of our PP Christ figures (also David the Shepherd), who is a Children's Pastor and he arrived a few minutes later in his grubbies, got his "book" with the official words and along with Joe, a former Christ figure (also Parables of the Potter) to be a witness, and with me, recruited to be the photographer, we held the impromptu ceremony in the Church in the Grove near the Christ of the Ozarks statue on the PP property. It was a touching moment, and an opportunity to be part of a moment in their life which was important to them.
Many times, we miss an important moment in another's life because we are too busy trying to make an important moment in our own life. When we can defer our own plans to help someone else have a joyful experience, we are blessed as well. Whatever it takes, we should be ready and willing to do, and be blessed in the process. Children's Pastors don't get called to do many ceremonies like Kent did today. Joe the Potter doesn't get the opportunity to have his phone ring during a vow renewal ceremonies and I don't get too many chances to take wedding photos on a flip phone.
Whatever it takes.......bring joy to someone else and be blessed in the process. Happy renewal of vows, Jim and Linda.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment