Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 13, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Get Rested While You Can

Each year at The Great Passion Play we start the season with three weeks of Friday and Saturday performance days as a way to ease into the "grind" of four-a-weeks in June and July. With the Memorial Day weekend, the kids are out of school, family vacations and church trips and group tours begin to escalate and the work load ramps up. This Spring there have been a lot of projects, repairs, new features and new faces among the staff and volunteers. We have all worked hard, but it's important to pace ourselves and realize that we are in a marathon, not a sprint.
Sometimes it's hard to sit still when there is something which needs attention and there isn't someone, other than oneself, to take care of it. If we have the proper attitude and are truly dedicated to making this ministry a positive experience for everyone, we just have to "git er done", avoid the "it's not my job" posture and DO IT. It really takes less effort to do it instead of trying to find someone else to do it; and to misquote a well-known euphemism, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. To me, the main thing is to get it done, before the mess gets out of control or you have run out of time to do it.
I don't know if any of that made sense, and I think I got totally off the subject of this post, since I did spend about five hours today on a task that is normally taken care of by three of us, but I just felt like doing it and save you guys from doing it later. I hope you forgive me........I didn't mind it, and actually enjoyed it. Now you're free to hop on something else.......there's plenty of stuff still to be done. Believe it.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment