Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Finish The Race

I think it was September, 1981 when I crashed in a bicycle race in Denver, CO and broke my collar bone, shoulder blade, shoulder socket and a rib. My first reaction was to try to get up and finish the race, but when I tried to get up, I realized that if I pushed too hard, the collar bone would have come thru my skin. So, I resigned myself to a DNF. It was to be the only race in an athletic "career" which went from grade school to well into my 40's that I did not cross the finish line.
Even if I was to finish last, my goal was always to finish what I started and I had that same mindset in all the activities I undertook in my life. There were a number of times that I failed, but I was always determined to get it right the next time. I mention all of this because this past Wednesday, Dick, our 89 year old Old Testament Tabernacle Priest fell down a flight of stairs in his house, breaking his collar bone and bunging himself up pretty badly. He is determined to be back teaching next Tuesday, and resume his duties which I "inherited" the past two days.
After my accident, I was in an upper body cast for nearly two months and had severe muscle atrophy to overcome when the doctors removed the cast, so I have my doubts about Dick being on the mend enough to maneuver with his walker and power scooter next week. It is also extremely hot and humid this time of year in Arkansas and it may be that he will be on the DL longer than anticipated.
For now I will fill in for as long as needed, pray for Dick and Joan, and ask that you pray for them, as well. God can heal our hurts and use us as He wishes to do His work. My hope is that God's plan for us and our adherence to it allow us to finish the race with grace and excellence honoring Jesus Christ with our full and complete devotion. Get well, Dick. Trust God for His healing, and the proper timing of it. See you soon.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment