Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, March 24, 2017

March 24, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Jack of All Trades

I may have mentioned in a past blog about a guidance counselor in high school who advised me not to specialize in any one field of study unless I was absolutely certain of what I wanted to do for a living "when I grew up". Since I really wasn't sure of much of anything, I took a very general approach to my eduction and graduated college without a specialty, and then went on to law school and graduated, just barely with no real major area of interest or specialization.
Although I did pass the Virginia State Bar Exam on the first attempt, I was not committed to a legal career or even the desire to remain in Virginia or the D.C. Area. And, so, I "wandered" in my job choices and places of residence. Karen and I could both be considered nomads and late-in-life learners, with a willingness to learn new things and help others. As Christians we have made the decision to serve God where He calls us, and do whatever task we are asked to perform. Both of us have been amazed at how much we have learned from our church volunteering, our travels, and the full-time life on the road. While we do miss some aspects of our Colorado experiences together since 1974, we love our current life-style, the ministries we serve, the people we have met and work with, and the jobs we have been asked to do and skills we have acquired.
We work hard, are blessed by a loving and caring God, are committed to serving Jesus Christ and telling others of His grace and faithfulness as we believe and trust in Him. Each day is a new adventure, a chance to learn more about Him and an opportunity to find new ways He asks us to reflect Him by the work we are called to do. It has been fun to "learn new tricks", go to sleep having done our best, and wake again to new mercies and new challenges. Thank You, Lord for traveling with us and allowing us to travel with You on this Kingdom Journey.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment