Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 21, 2017. Madison, GA. Be Proud of What You Stand For

My father taught me some important life lessons about integrity and being honest and humble in our dealings with others. I can honestly say that I have not always acted with integrity, that I never told a lie or have not been prideful about some of my accomplishments. But there are some areas that I have followed my father's wisdom and particularly since I became a Christian, I have really endeavored to follow that advice as well as the example of Jesus Christ.
It seems strange to speak about my Jewish father, and in the same sentence speak of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. But, when my dad told me to try to help others, tell the truth, and be willing to speak up for what you believe and be proud to sign your name to that belief; don't hide behind an anonymous opinion and don't consider yourself more important than the other guy, he was saying exactly what Jesus said when he faced the Jewish leaders of His day. That's why I am offended by so many of the "protesters" and "terrorists" who hide behind masks, attempt to conceal their identity and disseminate libelous and slanderous comments without taking any personal responsibility for such comments.
If you believe it, have the guts to put your name on it. If you want to gain support for your view don't hide behind a mask or disguise. That's what criminals and cowards do to try to avoid detection and responsibility for their actions. Honesty will attract people who have similar views as yours, and may even have an impact on those who now disagree with your stand.
My father was a quiet, humble, honorable man. He was a good man. Tomorrow night I will light a Memorial Candle to honor the 27th year of his death. I'm sorry that my father didn't know Jesus. My coming to know Him has profoundly changed my life, and helped me to put much of my early life, and the lessons I was taught, into clearer perspective with a more hopeful and certain future. I'm proud to be my father's son, my Father's son and heir with Jesus Christ to an inheritance which will never perish, spoil or fade; and for that I am eternally grateful.
Signed: Harold "Hal" Schatz


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment