Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. First Impressions

When visitors to The Great Passion Play first see our entrance they see a "front feature" which includes a geysered fountain, a white statue, flowers, bushes and varied ground cover. There are also hundreds of feet of white-painted curb. The curb even extends from the top of a grade outside our front gate and curves slightly to the left as people see the front feature and enter PP property (see separate pictures). It's very welcoming and gives a positive first impression.
There is a problem, however. Very often people are so focused on the first sight, they forget the curves in the road and run into the curb at various places where it does curve. There are some who run straight into the curb as they enter or leave the premises. Last year we painted the curb white where it had previously just been grey concrete, with the hope that it would brighten up the entrance and give a better first impression. With people running into the curb on a pretty regular basis, it has become my "responsibility" to keep it solid white instead of zebra-colored (white with black "stripes"). I have never officially been told to "maintain" the curb, I just feel a personal attachment to keeping it as white as I can. One of my obsessive-compulsive idiosyncrasies, I guess.
In any event, there is a constant need to grab the white marking paint, my paint brush from the cup of paint thinner and an available golf cart, examine the curb and make the needed repairs. I've made it a regular Monday morning duty and know that some of the people who pass me as I'm painting may be the very ones who have kept me "in business". I haven't gotten to the point yet of checking for white "side walls" on the cars which go by or are parked in our lots, or checking with local repair shops for customers needing front-end alignments. OCD is one thing.........excessive OCD is quite another thing, and besides.........I really DO enjoy painting.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment