Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 28, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Who am I.......really?

We are called to play many roles in life, to do many jobs, follow others and be leaders when the opportunity presents itself. We don't always have the proper training, credentials or licenses required to do the job we are asked to do, but in some cases we ignore the "law" and do the job anyway. In other cases we are fully educated, licensed and experienced, but choose to step away from serving and wait for someone else to step up and take charge and assign the duties needing to be done.
Here at the Passion a Play, Karen and I have a variety of responsibilities but find ourself pressed into service when there are gaps in the work force or people just don't do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. In some cases we play multiple roles and it's hard to know who we are and whether others see us as that character or someone totally different. When I walk into the Holy Land in my costume, I hear people call me Joseph, Moses, Noah, Jonah or one of Jesus' disciples. In the Play, I have been one of seven Disciples, a crowd character calling for Jesus' crucifixion, a witness against Jesus before the Sanhedrin, a disciple on the road to Emmaus, a leper and a priest blowing the Shofar. It's hard to come up with a consistent identity and in some cases our identity is not who we are, but who people think we are.
In all this, it's important to remember that we are called to be Christ-followers first, last and always. We are called to be living sacrifices, servants, witnesses, good stewards, faithful, loving, trusting and obedient. None of these are easy, but try we must. Today was a tough one for me. I played a role, but didn't really have the right attitude for that role, yet did the best I could to tell the story with honesty, sincerity and gratitude to God. I pray our nearly 300 Holy Land guests were not short-changed by my effort.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment