Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Simplicity isn't Simple

A while back I blogged about the book I was reading, entitled "Freedom of Simplicity".
I'm still reading, have about 50 pages to go, before starting the book over and trying to really understand what the author is trying to convey to the reader. This search for a simpler life in a very complex world is not all that simple.
Today my cell phone decided to lock up and stay locked up. Nothing I tried would unlock it. No calls out, no calls in, no way to get off the screen displayed, and no idea what that screen was. Karen has had problems with her phone too, so she took both phones to the Verizon store in Berryville, eight miles away. We have no way to communicate when she does get there, since I have no phone, and I can't even call her to tell her we need milk unless I walk up the hill and borrow a phone or use a Passion Play land line. It's not simple when we have grown to depend on complex "machines" to do virtually everything. We rely on the Internet or satellite signals as our source for information, news, and weather forecasts. We use GPS devices to get directions and calculate when we will get where we are going, and without a cell phone or Facebook we can't keep up with who is doing what, where and when they are dong it. It's far too complicated and that simplicity thing sounds awfully good, if I can just understand what the guy is trying to say in that book I am reading.
I miss my phone.............


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment