Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times............

A little extreme, perhaps, but an apt description of our past week. Karen has been working long hours (wherever we have been), and finally was overcome by another bout of sinus congestion, pollen overload, persistent coughing and feeling awful. From Wednesday on she has been "down" and downright out, sleeping all day and up all night. It has not been good, and hopefully the medicine will kick it and kick out the punies. It's been a tough go.
My week, on the other hand, was pretty good, with the opening of the Passion Play performance season and my new role of being a presenter in the Holy Land. I was not sure how to actually present the Passover House, the life of Moses and the wanderings of the children of Israel in the wilderness in a way that would be more than repeating the Bible account and yet fit in with the time constraints of our "tour", but God prompted me to relate the story from the standpoint of someone raised as a Jew, as I was, who found Jesus at age 53 and has endeavored to serve Him obediently ever since. The words came, as they did to Moses, and it was fun to see the response, answer some interesting questions and learn from those I was "teaching"
Karen has always been a people person, caring and a good listener. I have not been constructed in such a fashion, and it has been difficult for me to be consistent in how I relate to people. I can be the best......and I can also be the worst, with no idea of which personality will appear. But, this week has been an eye opener for me and I feel God leading me in a new direction and into a new season of service. I'm excited by the challenge, but sad that we will need to "abandon" the Passion Play in two weeks, return to Colorado for our medical appointments, before we resuming our activities here in Eureka Springs".
The key task right now is to get Karen back to good health to be ready for driving the "bus" back to Fort Collins. It would certainly be a new season for us if the task of driving the 900 miles fell on me with my "less than one mile" of RV driving experience. Pray for Karen.......for health, healing and driving excellence for the journey ahead.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment