Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31, 2016. Fort Collins, CO. Making a Long Story Short

The easiest way to make a long story short is to use short sentences. In September, 2008 I unexpectedly had a heart attack. I had no insurance. We had no place to turn for the means to pay the large hospital bill. We had no place to turn for affordable health care. Medicare was still two years in my future. A friend at our church, Harvey Schmidt, told me that as a Veteran, I was entitled to VA health benefits. I checked it out. I found out I was eligible and applied. Six months later, I was receiving health care and medication from the VA. I think Harvey also told me about Debbie at the Larimer County Veteran Service Office. Debbie filed an Agent Orange claim for me with the VA, based on my service in Vietnam and my Ischemic Heart Disease. Seven months later, I was awarded an Agent Orange Disability rating and a monthly disability payment.
Life has not been the same since. I had gone to Cardiac Rehab at Poudre Valley Hospital after my heart attack. After my rehab, I volunteered at that same facility for five years. I told my story to many Vietnam Vets with heart issues and directed them to Debbie for claims to be filed. Then, God led us to our Ministry of Miles and a life of being on the road. God led us to the Passion Play and Source of Light Ministries. God brought us back to Fort Collins last year and this for my VA medical tests and appointments. Yesterday I attended the Memorial Day ceremony at the Edora Park Veterans memorial. I have attended that ceremony ever since we moved to FC in 1990. Yesterday Harvey and Judy Schmidt were at the ceremony. I haven't seen them since 2009. I have thanked Harv countless times over the past eight years, but never in person. Yesterday I thanked him in person for the advice he gave me. One sentence can change a life. One piece of advice can change a life. God is the Master of putting the right people in the right place at the right time. God is the Master of good advice. God is the Master healer and provider. God is THE MASTER. Thank You, God. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit, from one HS (Hal Schatz) to another (Harvey Schmidt).


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment