Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. Resist the Urge to............

Addiction is a harsh burden to carry. No matter what the addiction, it puts a stress on us which makes life far more difficult to navigate through and forces us to exert extreme will power and determination to overcome that which seeks to overtake and defeat us. The list of addictions is endless and whether it be tobacco, exercise, alcohol, aversion to germs, chocolate, drugs, the Internet, a favorite television show, ice cream, work, money, sex or a host of other things, too much of anything is too much, and the urge must somehow be eradicated.
I have been addicted to far to many things in my life, and have been fortunate to have gained the upper hand over some of them, but there are a few (or a few more than a few), which still plague me and although I am not the New-Years-Resolution-type, there are some urges and addictions I am resolved to defeat. The remedies for chigger-relief are failing, the itching is constant, but I am determined to resist the urge to scratch. They don't seem to want to leave me alone, so I will just have to apply Aquaphor and scratch no more.
I am cutting back on my "need" to eat sunflower seeds every morning while journaling and doing my reading during quiet time with The Lord. I do need to maintain my cranberry juice and psyllium cocktail each morning to combat the dreaded kidney stores I have a tendency to collect from working in the hot weather and not staying adequately hydrated. The VA doc told me two years ago to eliminate milk, cheese and ice cream from my diet as a way to minimize calcium buildup and the propensity to stones. But resist the urge for ice cream.........root beer floats on Monday nights..........and ice cream in any form at any time the urge hits...........I'll really have to pray about that one............Help me, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment