Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. Writing the Right Words

Sometimes the words come easily and other times they don't. When I woke up this morning, a sentence popped into my mind and I immediately wrote it down, thinking it would be the theme for my blog today. I know it stemmed from our Monday evening get-together with three other Passion Play couples:

"Life is not easy, and sometimes it doesn't seem fair........"

Jesus told us that following Him would involve trials, sorrows and even persecution. James 1:2 tells us to "consider it pure joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance......." and then on to spiritual maturity and completeness in Christ. The words are straightforward, but they are not easy and they don't seem fair. Habakkuk 3:17-18 compels us in times of draught, famine and utter destitution to rejoice in the Lord, to be joyful in God my Savior. Again, not easy and certainly not fair. And yet, we are to "maintain our spiritual composure" and have "cheerful expectations of Him" (quoted from today's Streams in the Desert). In this same devotional, written for me to read this morning and pass along to others, are the words of Eben Eugene Rexford:

"Last night I heard a robin singing in the rain,
And the raindrop's patter made a sweet refrain,
Making all the sweeter the music of the strain.

So, I thought, when trouble comes, as trouble will,
Why should I stop singing? Just beyond the hill
It may be that sunshine floods the green world still.

He who faces the trouble with a heart of cheer
Makes the burden lighter. If there falls a tear,
Sweeter is the cadence in the song we hear.

I have learned your lesson, bird with spotted wing,
Listening to your music with its tune of spring----
When the storm cloud darkens, it's the TIME to sing."

Mary and Gideon - I don't know if any of these words are the right words for what you have been through the past few months, but I hope you know that you have friends who love and care for you, and that you have the infinite love and care of The Heavenly Father, Jesus our Savior and The Holy Spirit to guide you. This is the victory that has overcome the world........






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment