Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015. Loveland, CO. The Calm in the Storm

Every morning for the past sixteen years I have started the day with a time of reflection, reading the Bible and devotionals, thanking God and being alone with Him, writing my thoughts in a journal and drinking a glass of "regularity". Not coffee........regularity. There is a calm about the morning; no music, no television, no conversation, just the peace of God and the new day stretching out before me. No idea what the day might hold, but, for the moment, at peace with the world and alone with the God of Peace.
in the midst of all the violent weather of the past week, the battle each evening with the invasion of the Miller Moths in our RV, the tension of an apparent serial shooter in the area and then the news that our great-nephews' girlfriend's grandfather had been killed by a neighbor on the north side of Loveland, it is comforting to know that each morning in my quiet time with The Lord, I can escape the world for a while. I can be comforted by His Word and the words of commentators and devotional writers, and I can put my thoughts in a journal or in a blog and be alone, in communion with the God of the universe. How blessed I am. How grateful I am and how humbled I am to have this time with the Great I AM, my Lord and Savior. Thank You Father, thank You Jesus, thank You Holy Spirit. Guide us through the storm

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment