Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 23, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. They're Back

We've been back in Arkansas one week, but it sure seems longer. While most of our acquaintances here seem glad to see us, and we are glad to be out of the Colorado traffic, the siren noise and the chores of reorganizing our house, we have a few "situations" which have not gone away or have recurred because of the Arkansas environment.
We are still flushing out Miller Moths from crevices and other hiding places. We have even seen a few little ones meaning we might have brought a countless number back here, where no one has ever heard of a Miller Moth. We'd hate to be the bearer of the MM infestation to this already-critter-infested area. They don't need any more. My other nemesis, the chigger, has also welcomed me back to Arkansas. These guys must have quite a social media network, since it only took them 3 days to find me, invade my right leg and hip and bless me with multiple bites and the resulting infernal urge to squeeze, itch and seek new methods for relief. The heat and humidity have also made a sudden and extreme return. The heat index made a rapid rise to near 100 today and it seems hotter already than what we experienced here last summer. I've made a concerted effort to keep hydrated in the heat, lest the dreaded kidney stones make their return as well. I still have pain pills from last year's bout, but I would rather not have to face that male-childbirth pain again now or ever.
I don't want to go against my morning devotional which read "Help me, O Lord, to make the best of all situations without complaining........", so let me end by saying that I'm really not complaining........just explaining. Having a blessed day, looking to God for strength and courage to press on and see us through these "distractions".

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment