Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

RE: March 18, 2014. Ft. Benning, GA. The Ark


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Hal Schatz
Date:03/18/2014 8:33 AM (GMT-05:00)
To:
Subject: March 18, 2014. Ft. Benning, GA. The Ark

     When we last blogged, we were at the beach preparing to move a short distance to a new site.  Plans changed, as the weather changed.  Saturday morning the tide was up, the weather forecast called for heavy rain and ominous stuff later in the day from the northwest, so we headed southwest out of South Carolina.  What we encountered was pleasant travel to Reidsville, GA, hunkering down in rain for a day and a half, threats of a rising Ohoopee Creek and a day of travel in heavy rain yesterday to our present location at Uchee Creek by the Chattahoochee River.  The Ark (with only one stuffed dog as our cargo) has seemed to weather the storms, gotten us to a soggy resting spot with only a minor window leak, and the prospect is for dry and pleasant weather ahead.  Our neighbor here told us we will have deer in the field behind us, so looking forward to sunrise and seeing our first deer of this trip. 
     We have met some wonderful people during the past three months on the road.  I keep a notepad with me and write down names, places, tidbits of conversations, helpful rv hints, diary-type stuff, etc.   I've privately journaled during my quiet time since 2003, been publicly blogging on this trip and writing in my notepad, so I've written a lot of words, but know I haven't captured everything.  There's just too much to know, too much to see and too many people to meet and visit with.  And yet sometimes we just are in our own world on our own Ark with a stuffed dog for companionship.  In 1968, an Australian quartet, The Seekers, performed a song, A World of Our Own, a favorite of mine then and a renewed favorite of mine now.  Google it, listen to the words and the peaceful melody from a turbulent time in our history and a very eventful year in my life.  I pray we can all find a personal peace as we navigate the storms and trials of life on our personal Arks.  Another song by the Seekers, Another You, may give us the answer, if that Other You is the person of Jesus Christ and the Promised Land in that song is our Eternal Home.  I realize this blog has become an interactive one, but I pray your effort will be of comfort to you.  I'm going to listen to both songs and watch the deer.  Hopefully there will be a picture to follow.  Thank You, Lord.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment