Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

July 3, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Happy Birthday, America

Tomorrow we celebrate another birthday of The United States. We're a pretty young country, age 243, and there are many countries far younger than us. When you look at The Bible, you get an idea of how young we really are. Many periods of time in The Bible are far longer than the history of our own country. The descendants of Jacob lived in Egypt for 430 years, Noah lived for almost 950 years, the Tabernacle of Moses had a "life span" of about 440 years and Solomon's Temple, Ezra's rebuilding of the Temple and Herod's Temple thereafter, covered a period of over 1000 years.
By these standards, America is pretty young. We have accomplished some mighty things, had our hand in many of the major events of "modern" world history and been a power to be reckoned with in international affairs, but we are not without our failures, shortcomings and questionable actions at home and abroad. That being said, I am proud to be an American, served in the Armed Forces when called to do so, been blessed to have received a good public school education, allowed to pursue everything I have wanted to pursue and was paid well for the jobs I have held. I have also been free to worship in freedom, make choices about where to live, where to travel and what I wanted to purchase with the money I have earned or been provided with by the Social Security system or my military disability. We have been abundantly blessed.
I pray for our country, our leaders and the path before us. I pray for our world, the leaders of the countries of the world and the path before each of them. And most of all, I pray for God's healing touch on the issues which seem to divide rather than unify us. Happy Birthday, America and may our "present" be a truly United States of America and our future exactly the same. With faith in God and His will and way our will and way.......it will be done.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment