Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. Popcorn

The Great Passion Play runs on popcorn. It is the snack of choice for the cast of the play with a circus wagon of freshly popped corn available before every performance in the set maintenance shop. Kids and adults alike take advantage of the free treat. I have to avoid the popcorn before blowing the shofar at the start of each performance because the salt dries out my mouth and the butter makes my lips slippery and susceptible to not getting a firm hold on the small end of the horn. But I do fill a bag and have it available as an after-show treat.
The audience buys a lot of popcorn, evidenced by the large number of twist-ties I pick up while cleaning the amphitheater after each show. The squirrels like to pull the popcorn bags out of the trash barrels and scatter any contents all over the ground. They have no regard for cleaning up their mess. The skunks like popcorn and at one time the concession people used to leave a bag or two on the top lawn of the amphitheater so they could easily have access to their late night snack and not get down into the seating area. The big ravens seem to favor the cheese whiz but will sometimes be seen with a kernel in their craw.
And the audience, beyond leaving those twist ties, sometimes spills the popcorn on the ground and makes my clean-up job a lot more difficult. Like the squirrels, they seem to have little regard for cleaning up their mess. But, I shouldn't complain. If it weren't for the audience there wouldn't be a play, there wouldn't be a Passion Play ministry and I wouldn't have a blog topic for today. So even when I look down a row and see a pile of spilled popcorn (or spit-out sunflower seed shells), I know that there is some good that will come from my cleaning it up, and that God let it be put there for some legitimate good purpose. And as for all those cigarette butts.............

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment