Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 Madison, GA. It Makes Me Sad

There have been times in my almost 70 years of life when I have been sad about things I did or failed to do; sad about events out of my immediate control which changed the direction of my life; sad about things which happened to others which changed their planned course of action and hurt them tremendously.
The ongoing turmoil in the Middle East, the almost daily news of violence against innocent people, the state of our political and judicial system, the radicalism we are seeing in "religion", the decline of the moral fiber of our country and world and the things we call entertainment and for which we pay an ever-increasing price; these things make me sad. We claim to be united in our abhorrence of violence and hate, yet we are becoming a more fractured country and world, with more people determined to hold on to their material goods, with an "over my dead body" attitude, and it makes me sad. There is so much sickness and disease, the cost of some medicine is outrageous and many people are giving up on the good programs and people who are committed to helping and being compassionate and many of them are walking away from their profession or volunteer activity.
I don't profess to have an answer or solution other than trusting God, depending on a strong faith, and trying to be around people who are optimistic and eternally directed, but that too can sadden me when they, or I, yield to worldly forces and temptations.
Let's all resolve to start anew, right now, to fight the spiritual fight, stand up for what we believe and Who we believe in and live with a resolve that "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." God is faithful and He can, and will, turn sadness into joy and mourning into gladness. Thank You, Lord for the Hope we have in You.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment