Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 30, 2015. Loveland, CO. Slow down........

In 1967, Simon and Garfunkel released "The 59th Street Bridge Song" and a lot of people took to heart the opening line of the song to "slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the moment last". But some people, including me, didn't. As a soon-to-be college graduate, I had big plans and no time to lose in setting those plans into motion. The New York City locale for the song and my four years at NYU in NYC seem to speak to the urgency I felt to get going on my future, and my life has really never slowed down in the 48 years since. My entire life has always been a race....to go.....to do.....to be.
Our current time in Colorado has been no different for me. As we made our plans, as we set the schedule and as we began to scratch things off the "to-do list", I could feel the urgency to get in and get out of Colorado and back to Arkansas. I wasn't really making the moment last, I wasn't looking for fun and I certainly wasn't feelin' groovy. The past two days, since we returned from Cheyenne, Karen has been sick, alternately cold and hot, drained of energy and not able to get out of the motor home. My activity has been slowed down as a result, and while I feel for her discomfort, I have accepted the fact that we have been trying to do "too much, too fast". We have said all along on this journey that we are not on a schedule, and it is really time to receive that fact, accept it and live it. There are too many moments we are not living, just trying to live through and not love them like they should be loved.
We have been blessed with so much. We have so much to be grateful for, so many wonderful and unique people in our life as family and friends and a God who loves us and has been so good to us. Slow down, Hal, you move too fast, you've got to make the moment last...........God has a better plan and He has proven that following Him...........in His timing........is the ultimate "groovy". Thank, You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment