Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2, 2015. Madison, GA. Helper

The past two days, Brian (kemo sabe) and I (tonto) have teamed up, again, to work on the white house (not THE White House) which needed it's west-facing attic enclosed. It's been a while since we have teamed up on a major project, and I must admit it was a good partnership, at least from my standpoint, mostly on the ground. Most of his work was planning, measuring, cutting and "knee-pad-required" kind of work. I was the helper, the nail-taker-outer and the minor-cutting-required person, toter and ladder readjuster and "is-it-aligned" guy. We finished the job at 3:45, and were gathering tools when the lightening flashed and two seconds later the thunder sounded and we scattered in different directions. By 4:00 we had nearly a quarter-inch of rain, and within a few minutes of that the sun was out, and our work day (except for my doing the laundry) was over. It looks like we will have a gorgeous evening.
I like being a helper, since most of the maintenance or technical jobs require special knowledge or training, and the helper just does what he's told and learns things while watching someone else do it. In the process the helper gains some experience and may be able to do the same job alone later on. The other day I went to fill a hole using the small tractor, hauled four loads of dirt, only to find out I had filled the wrong hole. I needed a helper to help do what I had done wrong. Live and learn.
Tomorrow is Good Friday and we will have a half day of prayer, and then take the afternoon off. It will give us all an opportunity to reflect again on the significance of the events of Passion Week, worship and praise our Lord and Savior, the Great Helper for all who have accepted
what He did for us long ago and continues to do for us as we serve Him. Thank You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment