Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014. Hoschton, GA. Ice cream with Emily

Before we arrived in Georgia to be with Russ, Kathy and Emily, we spent 52 nights in the motor home. We have the comforts of home in a more compact space, but by motor home standards we are living in a palace. We have not felt confined or hemmed in. WE ARE BLESSED. Here in Hoschton we have been guests in R, K and E's house and once again we say WE ARE BLESSED, by their hospitality and generosity. This morning as I read The Word and my devotionals I was struck by the peace which I have in the assurance of God still on the Throne and His love, protection and provision for us and this journey we have undertaken. To this point the plans we have made have all come to pass. We have met up with Mike and Linda, spent time with Phil and Sharon and arrived here in Hoschton. God has guided us over the miles and the timing has been just right. It's now time to listen for His direction and follow His path, and go where the cloud leads us. Our fixed destinations have been accomplished and.the miles ahead are His to determine.
While we wait for the cloud to guide us onward, I have been able to indulge my ice cream addiction with a fellow addict, Emily. On this trip we enjoyed a Baskin Robbins cone while we waited for some repair work to be completed and shared a tub of Blue Bell from the Exchange at NAS Jax with Phil and Sharon. That's pretty minor consumption for those who know how much I like ice cream and have such little ability to resist it. As much as I repent and vow to mend my ways, there is no hope. When my doctor told me to abstain from ice cream after a bout with kidney stones, I was tempted to find a new doctor and a second opinion rather than get on the wagon. Emily is a gem, an ice cream lover and a joy to be with for Karen and me. There's no doubt in my mind that God was thinking of some of us specifically when He created ice cream. He is the ultimate Good Humor man, and He is Good to forgive us our overindulgence in this area. Thank You, Lord and thank you, Emily. WE ARE BLESSED.




No comments:

Post a Comment